Friday, August 14, 2009

Tomato and Orange Salad




This recipe comes from Ayurvedic cook book. When I read the list of ingredients for the first time I thought that it sounds very unusual and strange. But at the same time I was curious to try it. And am I happy that I did! It has the most refreshing and satisfying taste! I have modified the spices a little bit. The recipe calls for chat masala that I did not have at that time. So I added garam masala and some dry mango powder or amchur.

Here is what you'll need:

2 medium to large tomatoes, washed and diced
1 medium orange, peeled and cut in segments (about the same size as tomato)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 small banana, peeled and chopped
10 seedless grapes or raisins (optional)
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon of masala

Combine first 7 ingredients, mix well, add the juice of lemon and masala and mix again. Set aside for at list 5- 10 minutes to allow flavor to blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment