Monday, February 8, 2010

Chocolate Chip ( Or Rum Raisin) Oatmeal Cookies

I am not a very big fan of American food and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookes to me are very American. May be it is that way just for me... Any way, when my daugher came from her school cooking class and brought this recipe for us to make at home together, I can't say that I was full of enthusiasm deep inside. I expected it to be too sweet and just too much of all tastes that define cookies. But I figured that we'll be baking it together and it just would be fun because of that. Well, I have to admit that I was wrongand that the cookies are absolutely out of this world! They are just right and now on my favourite cookie list. We made two types: chocolate chip for little girls and rum raisin for big girls. Every one was happy!


Here is what you'll need:

1/2 cup butter or 110 gr
1 egg
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tea spoon vanilla
1/2 tea spoon baking soda
1 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup chocolate chip ( if you would like to make it with raisins substitute the amount desired and soak it about 1 tablespoon of rum or coffee liquire)

Remove butter from refrigirato 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to 375F. Place butter in mixing bowl and beat for 30 seconds. Add egg, sugar, brown surag, vanilla and baking soda to butter. Beat for about 2 minutes. Slowly add oat and mix well. Use a wooden spoon to fold in chips and raisins.

This cookies bake the best if you make them small. We used a small icecream scoop or you can use 2 teaspoons. Leave about 2 inches between the cookes. bake for 8-10 minues. Alow to cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment