Monday, August 24, 2009

Honey Cardamon Madeleines


One of my favorite recipes - Honey Cardamon Madeleines. I originally saw it in some French cookbook and one of the things that I liked about this recipe is that it is not quite as rich as a lot of other versions of it. I did make small modification- added cardamon. I think that it makes it even lighter yet.

Here is what you need if you'd like to give this recipe a try:
It will make exactly 12 regular size Madeleines.

4 tablespoons (50gr) unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
3/4 cup all -purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar (I usually use about half of this amount- I like Madeleines not to be excessively sweet)
1 tablespoon brown sugar

Melt butter, stir in honey, vanilla extract and cardamon. Let stand until reaches room temperature. In small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.

In a medium bowl mix eggs and sugars until combined. Mix in flour mixture. Continue to fold until combined. Don't over mix.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 425F. Brush madeleine molds with melted butter. Fill each mold 3/4 full. Do not overfill. Bake until puffed and edges are golden brown, about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment